I have been working as a Psychologist since 1966. As such, I am beginning my retirement and no longer accepting new patients. I will continue to offer assessments and complete working with current patients.
My psychodiagnostic specialty includes psychoeducational assessment and neuropsychological assessment. I am Board Certified in both Clinical Psychology and Behavioral Medicine.
My web addresses are www.howardpaulphd.com and http://theheartofpsychology.com/ . If I am unable to respond to your email, It may be wise to call 732-422-4900.
For those interested, please see my two books, both available on Amazon: The Heart Of Psychology: Unraveling the mysteries of the Mind and Marriage, or Any Long Term Relationship, Is it GOOD for you Or NOT: The information you need to prevent a preventable disaster.
In addition to my private practice, I am a retired professor of Psychiatry at Rutgers Medical School and a field supervisor for the Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology. Additionally, I am the Book Review Editor of the Journal of Child & Family Behavior Therapy. I have published about 120 articles, studies, book chapters and book reviews. I am a behaviorally oriented scientist-practitioner, combining short term, empirically supported treatment for a broad range of human challenges with a humanistic, person oriented style.
My real specialty is people. The areas listed below simply reflect the broad range of problems addressed. I provide psychometric assessment for children and adults and have specialty in diagnosis and treatment of ADHD. Much of my practice is family oriented and deals with both adult and child relationship issues.
My psychodiagnostic specialty includes psychoeducational assessment and neuropsychological assessment. I have an extensive background dealing with learning disabilities, developmental disabilities as well as Autistic Spectrum Disorders. As well as being licensed, I am Board Certified in both Clinical Psychology and Behavioral Medicine.
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Family/Marital Therapy
- Psychological Testing and Evaluation
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- Certified by the American Board of Professional Psychology
- Fellow of the Academy of Clinical Psychology
- Diplomate of the American Academy of Behavioral Medicine
- Avg Cost (per session): $180 – $250
- Psychological evaluations average $975.00
- Sliding Scale: No
- Accepts Credit Cards: Visa, Mastercard and American Express
- No Insurances Accepted
- Years in Practice: 40 Years
- License No. and State: 35SI00103700 New Jersey
- Anxiety or Fears
- Attention Deficit (ADHD)
- Child or Adolescent
- Chronic Pain or Illness
- Obsessive-Compulsive (OCD)
- Trauma and PTSD
- Mental Health:
- Impulse Control Disorders
- Gender: All
- Ethnicity: Any
- Religious Orientation: All faiths
- Toddlers / Preschoolers (0 to 6)
- Children (6 to 10)
- Preteens / Tweens (11 to 13)
- Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19)
- Elders (65+)